Often times I find that I am being asked by many others to shoot their cars that it is extremely hard to find the time to shoot my own. I usually go out with the regular group of car enthusiasts, thinking that I will finally take a few shots of my car, the end result being I am taking photos of others. This past week was different, I set out a day away from the crowds and it was actually great to get my first “real” photos of the car I have been staring at for so long thinking of the possibilities. While winter is in full force on the island, the day resulted in having dry roads and the opportunity to put the summer shoes on for a few waterfront photos. Hope you enjoy my mk2 coupe.
|OWNER: Taylor Smith
|VEHICLE: Mk2 Jetta Coupe
|ENGINE & DRIVETRAIN:
– 2.8L VR6
– Ported and Polished Big Valve Head
– 42mm Intake (+2mm over stock)
– 36mm Exhaust (+1.8mm over stock)
– Heavy Duty Schrick Valve Springs and TT Titanium Retainers
– Lighter MK4 INA Lifters
– Intake ports reshaped
– 268 Dougherty Racing Cams
– Exhaust Manifolds Ported and Polished
– Megasquirt ECU (Dyno tuned on 94 octane, 200 whp, 184 lbsft)
– Megasquirt and Spark-Extra using a Ford ICM EDIS for Ignition
– Cat Back 2.5″ Custom Exhuast with Flowmaster Muffler
– Rebuilt Tranny with Peloquin LSD
– TM Tuning Short Throw
|SUSPENSION & BRAKES:
– Rokker Coilovers
– Polyurethane Bushings
– ABD 25mm front sway bar
– Autotech 28mm rear sway bar
– Rear Brakes converted to discs
– Wilwood Dynalite Calipers and 11″ G-60 Rotors
– 15×8.5 Schmidt TH Lines
– White Lips with BMP Baskets
– 195/45/15 Toyo Proxes T1R
– 16v GTI Recaro Pleather Door Cards
– VR6 Corrado Front and Rear Recaro Seats
– Custom Revolution/VDO Gauge setup
– Momo Steering Wheel
– Car Painted Hot Rod Satin Black
– Engine Bay Painted Dolphin Gray from a 1964 356 Porsche
– Real OEM Euro Bumpers Front and Rear w/ OEM Euro Rebar
– 16v Flares
– 16v Front Lip
– Badgeless Grill
– Single Round Headlight Conversion
– GLI Rear Wing
– Single Wiper
Our good friend Matt from Bergwerk Photography sent over these sick pics of a recent shoot he did. Here you will find two Jettas owned by brothers who share a passion for their VW’s.
The green Jetta houses some form of a diesel engine at the moment and plans for the winter are to swap in a TDI motor. Fitted with some classic 15×8 et30, Snowflake wheels and dropped on H&R suspension, it’s a dub done right.
The other Jetta is one of many MK2’s that has been owned by this brother. The custom stripe by Dublu Design set’s this apart from the others. The car sits on 13×8 ATS Classics and suspension is a custom creation which is unknown.
Enjoy the pictures and be sure to check out Bergwerk Photography!
A little quote from Matt:
Right now both cars are just runners that are really low. The green one is so low that when I was doing my rig shot, the subframe was scraping and shaking my camera. 🙂 You have to be dedicated to roll these cars daily.